If you run into an issue where the player incorrectly reads SACDs as CDs, there are a number of steps you can take to resolve the issue without having the machine sent in for servicing.
First, ensure that SACD Priority is not set to CD Mode.
- Go to the Setup Menu and select Playback Setup.
- Set SACD Priority to either Multi-Channel or Stereo.
If SACD Priority is set correctly and you are still having the issue, make sure to update the player to the latest firmware version. If your player is connected to the internet, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Setup Menu and select Device Setup.
- Select Firmware Upgrade and choose Via Network.
- Follow the prompts to upgrade the firmware.
- After the player shuts itself off, turn the player back on.
- Follow the prompts to Reset Factory Defaults.
If SACD Priority is set correctly, and the player's firmware is up to date, you may be able to resolve the issue by using a laser lens cleaning kit, such as the Memorex OptiDisc.
If all of the above steps have been followed and the issue persists, contact us to request servicing your player.