Release date: August 13th, 2015
Category: Latest Official Release
Main Version: BDP10XAU-79-0711
How to Get the Firmware Upgrade:
There is one way to upgrade your player's firmware.
1. USB Thumb Drive - Use your computer and a USB thumb drive.
Warning: Although firmware upgrade is an easy and usually trouble-free process, it is important to ensure that the power supply to the player is stable, and the upgrade process is not interrupted. A failed firmware upgrade can render the player unusable.
This release is for the OPPO BDP-103, BDP-103D, BDP-105 and BDP-105D Blu-ray Disc players.
1.. Once this Public Beta firmware is installed on the player, you can revert back to the previous Official release via a USB thumb drive. There will be no issues upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.
2.. This Public Beta firmware is designed to work with new versions of Apple iOS and Android MediaControl applications, which added support for TIDAL Music Streaming. The Media Control V4.0 will be available in the App Store and the Google Play Store shortly.
Comparing to the current Official release version BDP10X-77-0827, the major changes included in this version are:
1.. Added support for TIDAL Music Streaming. Requires use of OPPO MediaControl App v4.0 on your smartphone or tablet.
2.. Improved subtitle support for user-created media.
3.. Improved support for user-created WAV files with non-standard metadata tags.
4.. Improved gapless playback for 176 / 88.2 kHz WAV files.
5.. Resolved an issue with smearing or ghosting effects in Netflix.
6.. Resolved an issue where AIFF file playback would result in white noise when headphones were connected to the BDP-105(D).
7.. Resolved a bass management issue where the subwoofer would clip when 0 dB signals were sent to all channels when one speaker was set to small.
8.. Resolved a frame rate conversion issue where 25 Hz and 50 Hz user-created media was converted to 60 Hz when TV System was set to Multi.
9.. Resolved an audio loss issue that could occur with MKV files with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA audio tracks.
10.. Added support for ARIB STD-B25 and ISDB fonts.
11.. General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.
All features and improvements of the previous firmware are also included in this version.
Firmware Upgrade Instructions:
Firmware Upgrade via a USB Thumb Drive
- Click here to download the BIN file for firmware version: BDP10XAU-79-0711.
- Insert a USB thumb drive to the computer that stores the downloaded BDP10XAU.bin file. (The USB drive must be in FAT or FAT32 format, not NTFS. If you are not sure, just use a new USB drive that is 2GB or smaller since small drives are usually factory-formatted in FAT/FAT32.) Verify that the BIN file is in the root/main directory of the USB drive, not contained within any other folder.
- Remove the USB drive from the computer.
- Turn on your TV display and the OPPO player. Eject the disc tray from the OPPO player and remove any disc. Make sure that there is no other USB drive connected to the player.
- Insert the USB drive containing the firmware file to a USB port on the player's front or back panel.
- The player usually can recognize the firmware file and prompt you for firmware upgrade. In case the player does not prompt you, press the SETUP button on the remote control to enter the setup menu. Select Device Setup, Firmware Upgrade, and then Via USB.
- Please follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware upgrade process. Use the remote control to respond to on-screen prompts. Do not use the front panel buttons because the front panel buttons will stop working during the upgrade process.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TURN OFF THE PLAYER, UNPLUG THE POWER, OR PRESS ANY BUTTONS OTHER THAN NECESSARY TO RESPOND TO THE ON-SCREEN PROMPT DURING THE REMAINING UPGRADE PROCESS.
- In order to complete the firmware upgrade process, the player will turn off automatically. Unplug the USB drive after the player turns itself off.
- Turn on the player again, a new on-screen prompt of "Reset Factory Defaults" will show. It is optional but recommended to reset the player settings by selecting "Reset Factory Defaults".
- Check the new firmware version by going to the setup menu, and then selecting Device Setup - Firmware Information. If you notice that the firmware versions displayed do not match the versions listed in this release note, please contact us to obtain the firmware files that are missing from a previous update.
- Enter your customized settings as necessary.
- Congratulations! You have just completed the firmware upgrade. Erase or discard the firmware file so you do not accidentally install the firmware again.