Below are the best practices for piano gloss maintenance and care:
- Dry dust only with a microfiber duster.
- Never dry wipe the surface, as this will embed surface contaminants into the finish and cause micro-scratches and scuffs.
- If cleaning is required, use a microfiber duster first, and then follow with a lightly damp microfiber cloth. Wipe only in straight, long-strokes in one direction.
- Micro-scratches and scuffs may be gently removed (after dry dusting and damp wiping) with a high-end automotive polish which is rated as safe for clearcoats and is specifically designed to remove micro-scratches. Apply the polish gently, and avoid polishing on edges and corners.
- After polishing, apply an automotive finishing spray to help protect the finish, add shine and also provide anti-static properties to help repel dust.