If you run into an issue where you are able to hear a crackling, static-like noise through your speakers when playing audio, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
1. Turn the OPPO player off and remove the power cord.
2. Remove any other audio cables from the player (HDMI, optical, coaxial, XLR, and RCA).
3. Press and hold the OPPO player's power button for about 5 seconds to discharge any remaining power.
4. Unplug the amplifier, receiver or processor that your OPPO player connects to and hold down its power button for about 5 seconds if possible; otherwise, leave the amplifier disconnected for at least 10 minutes.
5. Reconnect your equipment and see if the issue persists.
Note: this is different from hearing a "popping" sound between individual tracks when playing back audio files or discs, and it is characterised by a constantly audible "crackling" sound throughout the audio.